Myanmar Post Global Journal No (81) published on 19th. October 2012 had stated on its front page that “Karen State various Buddhist Sects’ Protection Organization had announces Four Sets of Rules including the prohibiting of Buddhist own houses, land, farming land, orchard land from selling to Muslims of Myanmar”.
In that news-
The meeting held in Mae Baung Monastry, Pha-an, was attended by more than 100 persons including the Chief Administrators from all the nine quarters except the two from the Pha-an Township.
Zwe Kapin Taung Abbot U Widaza had announced four rules.
Those Four Rules were:
(1) Prohibiting of selling or renting or using as collateral for borrowing money (Sic) (Note: never done by any Muslims to get illegal interest money) the Buddhist own houses, land, farming land, orchard land to Muslims of Myanmar.
(2) Prohibiting Buddhist women to marry with Muslims.
(3) Buddhists should patronize the Buddhist shops only.
(4) Prohibiting of Buddhists from allowing themselves to use their names from buying or renting the Buddhist own houses, land, farming land, orchard land for the Muslims.
Anyone who disobeys the above rules would be punished severely.
These Rules were distributed to the whole (Pha-an) town the next day after the meeting on 14th October.
Just before that meeting Karen Prime Minister U Zaw Min had visited the Zwe Kapin Taung Abbot U Widaza.
It had stated in the report that the Buddhists Protection procedures and actions were sent to the Karen Prime Minister, Karen State Parliament Chairmen, Karen State Security and Border Affairs Ministry and other Government Officials.
The publishing of the above news:
1. Directly attack the peaceful coexistence between different religions.
2. It is against the existing 2008 Constitution.
3. It is against the presently practicing open market system by the government.
4. Interfering the present State and Division Administration mechanism.
5. Contravening the Printing and Publishing Censorship Rules and Regulations.
The five top Islamic Organizations in Myanmar should take firm action on the Myanmar Post Global Journal which published the above news and this cases involving the dangerous events evolving in Pha-an, Karen State .